$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Star*ucks


Berg confesses that he secretly went to a comic signing session to meet a girl. This shocked Irene and she started to hyperventilate. She even asked for the other woman’s address.

Berg : No, Irene, don’t over react okay, we just had coffee

Irene : And coffee leads to sex! Everyone knows that. God! Why do you think there’s a Starbucks on every corner in America?

This is a dialogue extracted from episode 77 (season 4) of Two guys and a girl. It is one of my favorite sitcoms. Too bad it ended in 2001 and all I have is reruns of it. This episode I watched last week. And thanks to TV capture cards for PC, I have my own TiVo. The picture quality is low though.

Ah, I get another shot of it tonight at 10.10 on NTV7. Can’t wait. My favorite characters are Michael Leslie "Berg" Bergen played by Ryan Reynolds and Ashley Walker played by Suzanne Cryer.

But lets go back and talk about sex and Starbucks shall we. Wow, I’ve never had that combo in mind. It does make sense though. No wonder there are t-shirts with Star*ucks these days. It fits so freakin’ well.

“Hey, you want to come in and have some coffee?”

Oh that is so yesterday.

Come to think of it, that was not the only thing that reminded me of Starbucks this few weeks. Just two days ago I went to Starbucks to meet up with an ex high school junior. We exchanged life histories over the past years and I discovered that we both share a passion for coffee. I should have known better since he is effectively the store manager, duhh…

He a cool (may seem eccentric to some) dude and his life journey is nothing short of inspiring, having roughed out the trials during his early adult life and still come out doing pretty well for himself and his family. He’s a law graduate but he chose to stay in the coffee business. I guess it beans a lot to him. Hey, I would stick to it until I get to the top myself , had I brewed my passion a little longer.

But all is good. I now have a connection in the business. And for starters, he even offered me his benefits as a staff to get me discounts and free gifts on beans purchases.

"You'll get a mug for a bag of beans. But knowing your love for espresso, I'll let you have the espresso cup and saucer"

"Oh seriously, you'd do that?" My eyes widened, my ears pricked and my face beamed a joyful smile.

Friends with benefits, how's that for a cuppa. But seriously dude, you have no idea how much I appreciate that.

And there we have it, two good things from Starbucks.

Hmmm, looking at the time it’s almost six. Time for me to hit the road home. Yep, Thursday has left the building. Tomorrow I thank God it’s Friday. I have scattered plans over the weekend but Friday night is still lonely.

Starbucks ladies? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment