$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cat food

A friend is in Kuching this week and she is very excited about the idea of travelling outside of KL, especially in the capital of Sarawak. Whenever the day approaches lunch hour and she sees me online on Yahoo Messenger, she would buzz me up and one of the topics is where and what to eat next.

Now, I'm not an expert on eating out in Kuching since I don't live there. Plus I rarely hang out for lunch during my visits there. However, I do have my cravings when it comes to Sarawak food, particularly Kuching food.

"Have you tried Sarawak Laksa?"

"Or mee kolok?... .... ...."

And the blank is left empty due to the fact that I have no more suggestions. You see, when in Kuching, those are the only food that comes to mind when it comes to my mission.

And my mission, to explore the places that serves good Sarawak Laksa and mee kolok. Occassionally, friends have brought me to some good places. However, I have never gone all out on a gastronomic adventure to come up with a reliable list. Time is always the essence, besides keeping obesity and cardiac disease at arms length of course. So don't sue me.

Where is this leading you might ask. Well, since I can't help her and whomever is interested, based on my own experience, I present to you the stories of two foreigners, living in Kuching. These guys give out useful information on touring Sarawak. One of their fields of research is eating out and food in Kuching. The aricles were passionately detailed. Some are also funny but all are very useful, especially for a native like me who has less means and resources for discovering on my own. So, enjoy.
Gastronome's guide to Kuching : BorneoTravel.com : Both by Wayne Tarman and Mike Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment