$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Monday, August 15, 2005

If the suit fits

The weekend was a blast! I went to a good friend's wedding reception. The bride, Anisah Tinguan. The groom, my good friend, Azhan Abdullah. The venue, Alor Setar, Kedah. The day, Saturday. So I drove up with a couple of friends on friday, arriving a day before.

The reception starts around noon. But the bride and groom gets ready early. So was I, at my sister's place in Sungai Petani, when a message came in.

"Agus, be my best man. Terrence could not make it. The suit is all ready."

I replied, "Sure, but only if the suit fits"

So I got ready even faster to speed off to the venue. I borrowed my brother in law's suit just in case my friend Terrence's would not fit.

I arrived at 11 am, tried the suit and wha'd'ya know, they fit!

Didn't know much about Malay wedding. What's a best man supposed to do?

"Kipas pengantin, lap muka pengantin..."

Oh, that's easy. But when we arrived at the dias, there was no kipas. So I stood beside the couple, smiling away.


Group photo with friends from PPP, ITM.


Pose upon arrival.


Hanging around after the ceremony.

This is certainly one of the bright moments of my life. And all was captured for a lifetime, in prints and moving pictures. Thanks a million Azhan.



No comments:

Post a Comment