$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, August 05, 2005

Sign of the times

Two thousand and five.
This year, it fills with drive.
We have struggled, we have strived.
And thus far we have survived.

But as I scan these generations of lives,
An unsolved equation slowly derives.
As the world got hectic like a beehive,
Has our time eventually arrived?

This was the question that bugged me as I tried to sell the idea of a collective blog to my high school friends. Most of them are 28-ish by now. No doubt they have heard of blogs. But never in their mildest dreams have they thought of sharing their thoughts online; open for all to see. Let alone trying to start a personal one. I suppose this blog thingy wasn’t around back when we were in high school. Even if we do have our own personal blog, none of us ever got to link each other up. Maybe it's a confidence issue. Or maybe ...

Even stuff like friendster is still trying hard to penetrate into our slice of the cake. Again, I suppose it’s because we weren’t exposed to it during our young and dangerous days. Kids these days have it easy, I always believe. Almost everything is served on a silver platter. And judging by the number of servers web-wide, it just get easier. Just Google it up and viola! Answers galore!

Whatever it may be, there’s one thing I know for sure. Getting older, being the child of the times, career focus or ignorance should not be the issue. Me and my friends, we are not about to fade behind thickening curtains of the digital tech world just yet. Besides, who ever put any age limit on catching up with the world anyway.

Sure we will never come close to understanding how stuff works behind the glitzy and glamorous GUI but how many truly have that? The least we could do is swim with the current. Fly with the flow. Believe me, we’ll do better when we work collectively. Like migrating birds we provide air lift and support to each other, flying in proximity.

All that said, I’m pretty happy with the outcome. It was difficult for me to start selling the idea but once I sense the excitement, curiosity and longing to have and belong, I know it is going to be great. Nothing is going to waste. I am sure it would turn out great. So guys, here’s to a rewarding blogospheric experience.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment