$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, March 10, 2006

The Moss Pit

My Brain was tapped over a comment I made in a dear blogger's comment box and I was asked to define 'substance' in Kate Moss' case.

My skull shook and my brain stirred for an answer.

Here’s what I have to say...
______________________________________

Go easy on the tapping there, please. It's beginning to displace some parts of my squishy brain, or what's left of it.

You're right. No one is perfect. And it is not fair to describe and figure out people by merely reading or hearing about them, what they say, do or comment. And as rightfully indicated, they are still entitled for their views and comments, which is also not perfect, shocking and offensive at times.

I agreed with FH2o and rephrased his preference for style and substance. This was meant to indicate that style alone does not get anyone very far, male or female, super model or super regular. No reference was made to Kate Moss.

But that must have been misleading because it gave the impression that I think Kate moss has no substance. Trust me, that would be the last thing in my mind. She has done so well to stay in the business because as we all know, the fashion industry is ruthless. I would be a bleeding moron to think that it is pure luck and divine intervention that she stayed so long. Even idiotic to arrogantly say that she lacks or has no substance when I don’t even know squat about her other than she’s a supermodel.

This triggered some research and I soon found out that Kate Moss and Substance is not a pretty picture in Google, unfortunately. This is old news to some though.

News 1

News 2

I haven't the time and energy to launch a full blown research but as far as 'substance' is concerned, I believe she has it, in every sense of the word. Although I strongly doubt she needed the other substance to make it big. It just sort of sniffed up her alley. That’s not surprising in the rich and famous playground, even here in the local scene.

The rich and famous can afford to make bigger mistakes but that doesn’t make them get away any easier. And I know branding and generalization is unconstructive but that’s what we get in the world today. Can plus size models make it big? Does TV and Hollywood promote real people and real life? Is reality TV even real?

Scandalous as this may be, she is learning to deal with it and whatever she did must have paid off because as it was kindly shared here, there are more positive news about her now than many months ago. She is cat walking her way to fame and success again. Fans now love her more. Critics can’t wait to sniff her faults again and there will always be those who see her as just another supermodel; they don’t know, they don’t care.

And before I forget, there are also those who are getting to know her a little better every day, thanks to people a lot like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment