$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm a loser...

I have been asked many times how I became a successful loser. Those in the know are left curious. Friends and families who weren’t nearby to witness the slow transformation are bewildered by the change. Some failed to recognize me at their front doors - it took them a moment to retrieve the familiar face they were used to, blubber and all.

Since then, I have been repeating my story and it basically came out the same. But every now and then I felt that I left some important facts inadvertently and as much as I wanted to share, I always strayed from the points.

It took me a while to decide how I should go about sharing my dirty little secret. I have been telling stories about my adventures like Gandalf to the little hobbits in Bilbo’s farewell party. The style and tone were different in each meeting; some would just listen, others would ask a series of questions and some wriggled and pleaded me to be their physical therapist. I wish I am, so I can work full time helping them lose weight. But that’s not the only scope of the job is it?

It is easier to discuss this weighty issue face to face but when it comes to communicating online, it’s another story. Interactivity is limited and I can only guess what my readers have to ask. It is my wish to convey as many information as I can, necessary or otherwise.

But first,

Disclaimer
The information contained herewith is offered in good faith. They may or may not be useful to everyone. This is by no means a complete and concise guide and I shall assume no liability to the losses suffered in connection to this post, including but not limited to the reader’s weight.


Moving on, this series of post is another channel for my purpose. What is my purpose again? Oh yeah, to describe what I did to lose weight, the things that made me do it, and the facts that kept me in it. But if I was able to do all that, I would probably be in an autograph signing session for my first published book on dieting wouldn’t I? What am I doing here?

Exactly! (to whatever your thoughts were )

So, if you have asked before, I will save your precious time to enable you to start your own program with these important points you could pick up. These are not orders and for those who haven’t asked, I appreciate your attention.

1. Get motivated. I don’t know how, just get there. There are a million and one reasons that you might have. But it all boils down to your weight and ultimately your health.

2. Do your homework. It doesn’t matter if you cheat. Just make sure you understand it.
Get your hands on anything you can find. With whatever means that you used, once you’ve found a good one, stick to it.

3. Invest. Reap what you sow. Need I say more? Hint: good scales – for you and your calorie intake. Handbooks and pocket guides. Magazines. Exercise machines and accessories. Gym fees.

4. Sacrifice. It’s not all good and nice. There is no such thing as free meals. In fact, they are the very culprits. There are foods that you must avoid for several weeks and some food can never be satisfying. Your research would have produced the details.

5. Change and adapt. There’s no abstract. It is clear that you need to be different and you know it. Be prepared to walk your own path, against the normal flow. Find healthier ways of going through your daily routines. Activate your lifestyle.

6. Have faith, get health. The time will come when you will face frustration and feel like giving up. Resist. Take a step backward, review and renew your program to suit your current physical state.

7. Enjoy your new life. Feel the refreshing drive. When you’re near your goal or reached it, soak in the glory and make it your undying motivation. Get fit and stay fit. After all, if you’ve done all of the above, you’d probably have got the hang of it and see that it wasn’t that hard.

Repeat after me ‘I have done it once, I can do it again’ and that’s not your license to slack.

Now you might think that all the above could not have possibly contributed to a successful weight loss program. It’s too general. There has to be more.

Well, you are right. Plus, there are just too many ways to fail; too many variables to account for.

However, bear in mind that I am not trained a physical therapist or a dietician. The list of seven merely describe the summary of my journey; how I would classify everything I did to have made it work. And of course, being my own editor, there are bound to be trash lying indiscriminately here and there.

So, if you feel that the list is good enough to get you started, I am truly honored. I sincerely wish you all the best and God speed. But if you think that they could use a little elaboration and perhaps you could read more about my journey, I am honored all the same.

Continue to walk with me another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment