$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, March 03, 2006

An intimacy lost

I knew I needed a companion for a long time. But when I saw you I just had to have you. So I was very excited when you came home with me.

I brought you straight to my bedroom and looked at you with anticipation. I helped you get dressed and ready for bed. There we lay together, side by side and almost instantly I grabbed hold of you. My arms cling tight to you, like I’d never let go.

You were mine to hold when I sleep. You provided completeness and warmth to my embrace. You filled the void between my legs. You were more than my pure cotton bolster.

But when I start to doze off I needed you less and less. I find you occupy this already limited space. I don’t even care if you’re neither here nor there. All I wanted is a sleep that’s fair.

And now when I go to bed you’re already there. Sometimes I need you, sometimes I don’t. I don’t even know why I still have you near. Coz what we have is an intimacy lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment