$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Till we meet again...

A coleague resigned yesterday and will be leaving by August 1st. Kinda sad really. We've spent 1 year working together. He sits beside me, an empty table between us. Come August there will be two empty tables to my left. He's a cool dude. Most of the times with his own stuff to do but we do chat and share thoughts. I guess we are kinda close, all of us in the office. Not counting the boss that is. Almost everyday we would buy our lunch from a food court downstairs and eat together in the office. There are four of us most of the times. Pretty soon there will be only three. It's bound to be different for a while after he's gone. We're gonna miss him, as much as we try to conceal it.

This just in. Just yesterday i was watching the last few tenth season of friends on dvd. It was exteremely sad ; Some dumb teardrops escaped my eye socket. Something must have smoked them out or something. All the parting situation and the thought of not watching anymore of friends. It's gonna be hard. And no one says it better that joey. "Too much change! I can't take it all." Hmm, not unlike my situation, what are the odds?

Try watching the end of the Lort Of the Rings - Return of the King with a straight face. You know, the part where frodo leaves the gang. Outrageously sad!

Well, this is not really the same. It's not like we're not gonna see each other again. Oh yeah, we will meet again. We're bound to cross paths. In the meantime, we'll seek him out when we're in his neighborhood. Regardless, it will still be sad. I guess it is always sad when someone you've been around with leaves. Especially one you are fond with. Less than a year ago a female coleague left. It was sad too. Girls make it so hard to say goodbye. They always sob. So I firmly hugged her, say my goodbyes and walked out before smoke got in my eyes.

It's always the same reason. Better offer. It's for the best. Though some might doubt it due to the uncertainty. Are they making the right decision? It might not be a life changing decision but a big one nonetheless. As for my friend, I really wish for the best for him. I tell him, "If you feel strongly about it then you should do it. Of course it invloves jumping into a whole new and different environment. Will it be better, same or worse, there's only one way to find out. And there's nothing worse than not grabbing the oppurtunity to find out for oneself. The feeling of not knowing what lies ahead, just because we don't dare take a shot at something we think might be good, sucks. And don't get me started about regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment