$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm still here...

A coleague is leaving and will no longer be in after 22 August. Sad? Definitely! Glad? Yah, good for him. Depressed? Nope, we'll meet again.

So, he's leaving for better prospect and dynamic career growth. All this comes back biting at me actually. What about me?

Well, one thing's for sure, I'm still here.

Am I going to stay here? For how much longer? Don't I want to try other places? What it's like out there? How will I do? How much more will I make?

Arghhh, too many questions, too vague are the answers. I guess I'm kinda fine right here. Sure it bites sometimes and the pay is enough to live life barely to the fullest. But I'm happy. Really I am. Stress is minimal. Boss is unpredictable but whose isn't? My ass is not his, yet. I'll go when I've had enough.
Plus, I have a few bright sides I can look on. With one good employee gone, maybe boss will reconsider treatment toward emloyees, namely, me. I do realize that no one is indispensable though. Still, I want to try my luck. Word is that another rather important employee is leaving in a month. We'll see how that one goes. That makes for two bright sides. Kaching!.... Or NOT!

Everything in life is about taking risks. Sizes vary with interest, priority and situation. Of course it all depends on the person taking the risk. Ah, I am me and you are you. My risk and what I do with it needs no explanation.

Having been here for three years, I've seen my share of work attitude and ethics. Of what works and what doesn't. Of who has the real deal and who's full of crap. Of coleagues who make good friends and those who must remain as coleagues. Good and bad things come and go but I'm still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment