$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Thursday, July 21, 2005

The rainy season...

It rains again this night. Just as I was going back and forth on whether to wash my car or just leave it be. It’s only been two weeks since I last did it. Hasn’t looked dirty to me yet.

Washing cars at night is not really normal to everyone since it is usually done during weekends, in the morning. That’s the only free time they get. Those who have extra cash to spare opt for the carwash any day any time.

Prudence is not exactly my thing though. I just don’t think spending 8 bucks on washing a compact car as small as a Mini is worth it. And don’t think I can’t hear you bark ‘cheapskate!’ Plus washing my own car allows me to feel and touch every inch of it and note every scratch and dents I don’t normally see without close inspection. Yeah, men. Can I see them at night you ask? Yup. The street lights near my apartment is bright enough to do that or to know if it’s properly cleaned after every wash.

Another reason is that I don’t normally see the mornings of Saturdays and Sundays. I sleep through the morning and wake up around noon. I wake up early for work weekday mornings and Saturdays and Sundays is when I make up for the lack of sleep. Or so I believe.

Back to the rain, it’s getting heavier by the minute. I’m just glad I’m nicely tucked at home right now. I would probably be caught by surprise and get considerably wet if I had went on with the washing idea. That would be very embarrassing. Imagine, there I was busily washing my car when suddenly it started raining. That’ll be it. I’d throw everything into the pail, close all doors and windows and run for shelter. Onlookers would say “oh, what a pity, but he should have known it’s the rainy season. It’s been raining every night these days…”.

No comments:

Post a Comment