$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Super

I was at a mall several weeks back when I saw a bank's credit card promotional tour of Superman - A gimmick drive. Among the deals were to sign up for a card and get superman merchandise and also for existing card users, spend a hundred bucks and get two invites to the premiere.

I did both.

So I got these.


Two caps for the sign up, two invites for the purchase, and one happy sucker for gimmicks.

Last night I went for the premiere and there were so many others. The bank did good. They used about 10 halls for the screening sessions, mine was number 12. No camera was allowed (strict anti piracy policy) and even handphones had to be surrendered at the counter.

But I could have done better by taking all the scenes outside the cinema and leave my camera and phone in the car just before entering the hall. Good thing this cute promo chick was around to take digital pictures with her camera phone, transfer it to a fujifilm polaroid picture printer via infrared and hey presto, I got this for my alibi. I was with my house mate during the night whatever crime took place.

The premiere was excellent. Complimentary soda and a small popcorn set.


About Superman Returns, it rocks! One thing's for sure, the movie starts with a bang! Oh, did I say bang? I meant BANG! *****. Brilliant entrance I tell you. The rest you gotta figure it out yourself. Go watch it. Don't expect too much twist though, coz hey, it's superman, how extraordinary can the story get? Lex is up to no good again and our man in red undies saves the day.

There, that's your spoiler.

Oh, and I took home a huge elegant poster as well. I'm good. I'm super. I’m swell!

See that smirk on the face? It stays for a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment