$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, June 30, 2006

Durian

I know this comes a bit late to count for a Friday's post but my folder stinks of durian.

I accompanied my friend's dad running errands around town, buying stuff to bring back to Miri. Stuff like two bags of chestnuts from Petaling Street and loads of cream stuffed buns (Hi-5 and Gardenia). On our way back to his hotel in Chow Kit, we passed by a night market selling fresh produce form the countryside. There were a few durian stalls which made him say "If you fancy some durians we could park by that side and have a quick nibble"

Hmmm, durians. I've passed by durian stalls before and almost got hooked by the smell but never actually got myself to buy a pack. However, this time it's different. It somehow sounds like he's entertaining his own fancy as well.

"Local durians here are sweet. Unlike the ones from our neighboring country. I had some yesterday. They're good." He continued. Do I say no to that? Heck I don't need anyone to tell me 'they're good' twice. Especially food.

Durian it was then. I scanned for parking spaces around the corner and soon we were walking to one of the stalls. We bought the 'two for ten' combo. More than enough to fix us good.


They're good, these local durians, I tell you. They're from Perak (used to be my playground), a good place to get durians.

Check out the thorns. Fruit of the devil some may say. I wont argue. They're as good as they're deadly, physically and aromatically.

Somehow the lighting made them look green. I know some of you might be having bad dreams tonight. Evil durians coming atcha'.

Oh, we barely finished our share by the way. We weren't as hungry. Did I mention that they're good?

So, Terrence, we had a fun evening getting all the stuff he planned, me and your dad. Oh, you'll hear a lot about the distance I had us walking to get around town using the monorail and rapid transits. Hehe.. he even mentioned 'that was quite a distance there...' upon looking back at the route we just took.

It was rush hour see. I parked at Mid Valley Mega Mall after work and used public transport to avoid the jam and optimize on timing.

By nine we were at the mall. So he was in good hands. Why shouldn't he be... he's a cop. Hmmm... come to think of it, I was the one in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment