$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Thursday, June 15, 2006

It's everywhere!

Someone asked me if it is safe to blog here without getting hit with the world cup fever. I understand the concern, completely. There’s no escaping the hype. Don’t get me wrong. I love the game. But sometimes the commercial feed is just so overwhelming. And some people really seek refreshing issues and views anywhere they can. That includes blogging.

I have done my own share of spreading the Germ and I thought I should ease down on it. But not without checking today’s match fixtures. It somehow dawned on me that I should get Costa Rica Terrazu coffee beans today and enjoy it at home tonight. So I headed to a java joint several blocks away for coffee break and a bag of beans.




Sadly, they were out of stock and I had to settle for coffee break only, Brazil cup of excellence they call it. “I’ll get the beans on my way home later” I thought.


So after finishing my beverage and several long stares at the café walls, I grabbed the napkin to wipe my dry and clean hands. The napkins usually stay clean and end up in my pocket, they’re handy, see. I didn’t have urgent matters at the office so I lingered for a while, looking and staring at the napkins. They were ordinary but something about them seemed strangely familiar. No, not the outlet’s name and tag line. Yeah, the pattern depressed on the sides.

Well, how about that. It’s like the hexagonal stitches on a football. Didn’t I tell you it’s everywhere?

And yeah, you can ask if it’s safe Francis…. again. And I’ll tell you it is safe, after applying Einstein’s Relativity theory that is...

Oh, and before I left, I just couldn't resist going over to the counter and asked "These napkins, are the patterns designed for the world cup season, like a limited edition thingy?"

"No, it's always like that"

*Smiles all around*

No comments:

Post a Comment