$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Found

Here I am on a wet Tuesday morning (good thing my path didn’t include the morning jam) waiting for my Costa Rica Tarrazu coffee’s last drip. Still thinking about yesterday’s pleasant surprise.

A friendster member (nickname: madcow) buzzed me a message.

“Hi i cant really remember but your name is very familiar ..used to be in st columba's miri too ..can u tell me what class were u in when you were form 3 ? Thanks”

I carelessly replied without checking his profile, “Hi there. The most important thing is what year. I was there in form 1 in 1990-ish. Did a few months there and then moved to another school. Oh but I was there my whole elementary school years. Or maybe it’s my family name that’s familiar. All my sisters schooled there too.”

After sending the message I clicked to his profile and there it was, his full name after his screen name.

Well I’ll be….

It’s one of my childhood friends! This madcow. Who would have guessed? But give me his real name and BAM!

I quickly sent another message “ Holy cow! (yeah, this used to be the word) It’s you! W.C.L! We were the hooligans in st columba's primary school!

Sorry, I replied your mail before going to your page. And now I know! This is really exciting!

What's up man?"

A few messages and exchanged numbers later, we were talking again.

It turns out, he’s been busy searching for old friends from elementary and high school using friendster. I was like, how do you do that? ...And WOW! You’re like the contact point for old friends!

“Oh it’s real easy and interesting. Just search members under st. columba’s school or Miri, and hope they have that in their profile.”

Wow! I didn’t know that. I guess it’s because friendster takes so long to load and I just can’t wait that long.

But Wow! This is going to be a blast! Long or not, I will now wait. For I have been found. And now I will seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment