$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, June 09, 2006

He ain't heavy, he's married.

On the third day of Gawai, June 3rd, was my younger brother's wedding reception.
Here are extracts from their wedding album.


It was held at the bride's Longhouse, about 20 minutes from Bintulu town. This is an inter tribal marriage, between the Iban and Bidayuh tribes of the Dayak community in Sarawak. Both family agreed that the ceremony be held at the bride's family's longhouse. My family invited our share of the Bidayuh 'tribal council' from Kuching and Miri.

The newlyweds with mom and dad.

My brother, my family.

The bride's family.


We are family, I've got all my sisters with me....


The best thing about a longhouse is the common area outside each home, great for huge gatherings, like this wedding reception.


The focal point is at one end of the longhouse's common area. A keyboard and a P.A. system. It's not much but we made the best of it. This area became the dance floor. Party on!


Guests chilling out after dinner, waiting for the party to begin.


And they started to dance.


So did I, my family and relatives. Mom danced, Dad danced, we gave it our all.

There aren't many pictures of people dancing since I was in the crowd myself. Too occupied to think about capturing the scene. Maybe it's in the video. Oh well, that would have to wait.

A set of traditional Dayak musical instrument. Especially for the 'ngajat' dance.


An honored guest, a local politician, trying his hand at 'ngajat'.

The night went on, we danced all kinds of dance, we partied till 5am. It was a great event.

My brother's wedding, a trully proud moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment