$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Shortchanged

I went to a supermarket in Suria KLCC yesterday evening to get RM10 notes for a RM50 change. I bought some stuff under RM5 and hastily put the change in my wallet. Then I went to the nearby bakery to get my favorite Portuguese egg tart. After that I went to the bank, deposited some cash and checked what balance I had left in my wallet. After much calculation, I ended up RM10 short. WTF! That cashier shortchanged me by 10 bucks! I got frustrated and ended up very upset as I know it is impossible to get my change back long after leaving the counter. Most of all, I am angry with myself for letting this happen. It cost me 10 bucks to be careless with the cashier. There are many ways for one to lose a 10 and letting the cashier take it is not one of them!

All the way back to the office, feeling sad, I thought of ways that I could get my money back and most of them suggested shoplifting. Relax, that's not going to happen. Or I could buy items on promotion and save that much as opposed to normal priced purchase. Or I could curse the cashier to sack and the supermarket to go bankrupt, maybe get caught and get boycotted. Or I could let it all go and forget about everything. Hope that whatever unaccounted profit they get would go to charity. Accidental donation is a good deed nonetheless. And that was where I left it at. I got home and soon after forgot about my misfortune. Then the 8 o’clock news came on TV3 and the first bulletin made me sad again.

No comments:

Post a Comment