$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Monday, February 27, 2006

Firewall


I had a chance to catch firewall last Friday evening. There were other movies screening and many suited my comedy and feel good palate; Pink Panther, Big Momma’s House and Fun with Dick and Jane. But my friend was well into computer data encryption and security, so it made perfect sense to sit through Firewall. Plus, he paid for the ticket, bless him.

I’m not going to attempt a detailed review simply because I’m not good at it. Besides, you’ll find loads of professional reviews if you just Google. This post allows me to express how I felt and think about it.

I had reservations about this movie initially because I thought it will be too technical. And since I am no geek, I will not be able to appreciate the essence of the movie. But I thought wrong. The plot was easy. Mark the chief bank security, take his family hostage and threaten to harm them unless he helps steal millions from customers’ accounts.

But sitting through the movie wasn’t exactly relaxing. Don’t get me wrong. I love the movie. But the gripping scenes and desperate escape attempts made me so tense my hands clamped the armrest. The evilness just got greater by the minute. Escape seemed impossible and crime appears to be paying a hefty lot!

I also had a full bladder that could burst an hour before the movie ended but I wanted to finish the movie so bad that the only thing I could do was tell my friend that I really have to pee, twice! Heck, the lower abdominal pain was almost unbearable but I didn’t want to miss a second of the show. So I painfully sit very tight!

It was also freakin’ freezing in the hall. The TGV Cineplex in KLCC has a reputation of having the lowest temperature and most people wear thick clothes or a sweater. Under normal circumstances, it should be bearable but with a full bladder, it was torture!

Concentrating on the show took more effort than it should.

Although I exclaimed “That was sooo good!” in the end, and sport a wide satisfied smile, there were some aspects that I thought needed work. I sensed little family chemistry and the bond was weakly portrayed. The fight scenes in the end came to a rather abrupt halt. After all the villain did to Ford and his family, I expected major revenge works; something that could give the villain excruciating pain, physically and emotionally. Instead, a quick and deep stab in the back was all there is to it. Sorry folks, I kinda gave away the ending but don’t most movies have a happy ending?

Having said all that, I liked the movie a lot and I certainly recommend it. It is grippingly fun! A movie well worth the ticket and time.

Remember ‘Air Force One’? This is another classic Harrison Ford material.

No comments:

Post a Comment