$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A party and a gig

It's already Wednesday but I'm only posting last weekend's events. Catching up on updates used to be easy. Now it's about priorities. Oh heck, that's just one lame excuse. But that's no reason to slow down. There's much to do around town.

Last friday my bunch of new friends and I went ot watch Adam Sandler's Click. Loved it! I can't tell you my favorite bits and how they made me feel coz that'll just ruin your experience. Plus, there are no favorite bits, it just flows effortlessly. I love this flick, it just clicks!

After the movie we went to T Club at Bangsar for some drinks (and a good dance...) It turned out to be a great party. What a great set of friends I was introduced to, lucky me.

They say friends come and go. I say, at least they came (so I get a chance to make it last)

Then on Saturday, I went to this Seattle band tribute. Love the setup. But the bands that played didn't stay true to the theme. Each one tried to inject their own creations which were not that good. Like hello...! It's a tribute to Seattle Bands, so step up. It might not sound like the real thing but they could at least try...

Except for Stonebay. I could be totally biased because this band, specifically the guitarist, is our friend, but I'm totally biased because they played the songs that mattered and played good they did! Stone temple pilot's Interstate love song and Plush, Pearl Jam's Animal and Alice in Chains' Rooster. There's gotta be at least one song that you love in this one!!!

"Wow! You went to a gig! That's so cool" said Zack when I told him about last weekend.

"Yeah, but it's not really a hard core gig. And I was told to come coz the guitarist is a friend of a blogger friend. Also it's a time to remember the songs we used to listen to growing up." I told him.

"I didn't know you listened to those kind of songs in high school..." he asked

"True, but I've learned to love them (Good songs are hard to ignore). Like they say, 'when it's gone, you'll miss it sooner or later' " I explained.


" Stonebay stoned" came Bert's text as we each reached home, "coz 'Stonebay rocked' doesn't quite sound right" he elaborated.




The crazy crew.

"Hey, if the gig wasn't what u expected, let me know and I'll compensate your cover charge" Brucie the guitarist apologized.

Hey Brucie (CPMS, pass this one to Brucie), I came to see Stonebay play and I'm glad to be there, no apology and/or compensation expected.

We don't care about the rest of the bands really, especially after their strayed performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment