$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Saturday, April 22, 2006

And I'm back in the game

One week.

That's the duration for me to get comfortably online at the office on a moving out week. Things have been so crazy here that there is barely time to get work done. The fax machine only kicked up on Wednesday and the internet was only connected by Friday evening. Between that we had boxing days, rearranging our own stuff and guess who was busy troubleshooting the networking problems?

I had to chase the internet service provider to expedite the service line transfer because I needed to constantly check my e-mail for urgent incoming mails. Starbucks is just a block away so I could walk in for wireless broadband and a double espresso shot, every single day of the week, sometimes twice in a day. But the constant calls for quick response from me meant that I can't rely on a cup of coffee to do my job.

And completing the network terminals took too much time since some smart 's' networking contractor decided to do the network cables half way, (based on you-know-who's orders), leaving me to complete the other end termination at the last minute. Even then some of the cables gave problems and after hours of head scratching it was found that the initial crimping intended for the network switch was not properly done by them. The whole chaos was over just by tightening the crimping on the CAT-5E cable plug!

So, now that the silence is broken, you can expect regular blogging from this side of the sphere, and no, there won't be any bitching about work or anything related.

I'm in my happy place again.

No comments:

Post a Comment