$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cocky Little Roach

Late this afternoon I went to Digital Mall PJ in Section 14 to resolve some issues bugging my windows 7 upgrade for my current laptop. It keeps freezing at the hard disk detection point, or something.  Anyway, that's not the real story here. 

This is about my lunch experience, which also required some debugging.

I parked at the multi level car park and walked down the stairs which brought me to the food stall area. The place was kinda deserted because it was already 2.30pm.  'Hope there's still something left for me...' I thought.

I love Malay kampung style food so naturally I found my way to the most appetizing looking spread of dishes prepared by Indonesian Malay ladies.  Though not Malaysian, it still is kampung fare to me, so I took a plate of rice and scooped four sweet and sour fresh water prawns and tapioca leaves in coconut cream gravy.


Needless to say the prawns were nicely cooked, could be bigger though.  But the sweet and sour gravy was awesome.  And so was my tapioca leaves, although I prefer them pounded to pulp and stir fried with sprinkles of minced lemongrass and dried anchovies.  It's my favourite kampung dish, Bidayuh stlye ya'll.  Simple yet so yummy!

I pushed the prawns shells to the side, off my plate so they don't get in the way. Little did I realize a tiny guest was approaching.  It crittered so quick, I didn't have time to blow it away.  Well, it wasn't that big or disgusting, so I let it roam a while. Slightly bigger than a grain of rice it was.  The usual tiny roach you see in eateries nationwide.  Nothing to be alarmed about.  It was more curious to check out the prawn shells rather than jump into my plate, so I thought a few shots were in order.

It was a bloody busy bug and thus a good focus proved to be challenging with my Olympus mju840.  Here's the best I got; took me about five minutes before I flicked it off and continued eating.
It's checking out the head section of the shell... skin head anyone?


See how it gets under your skin?

10 comments:

  1. Wow! you're fast! I'm still editing...

    Cats love to play with roaches you know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... I hate roaches. I smack'em when I get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wanted to test the prawn whether nyummy or not....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god! U still finished it off after the roach's attack??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izso, me too, especially the huge dark brown ones. And worse, they can fly!

    Dayung, I bet your crayfish taste much better.

    ohmywtf, hmm, come to think of it, the mental image is kinda gross.

    ReplyDelete
  6. = =...........sad but that is the malaysian way of life hahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok i hate flying cockroach even worse!

    ReplyDelete