$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Monday, January 23, 2006

La lunar...

I would like to wish a Happy Chinese New Year to whomever it may concern. May the year of the fire dog brings much happiness and prosperity to you and your family.

This festivity is kicking up a storm here in Kuala Lumpur. It seems everyone in the asian region is upbeat about it. I for one, am keeping my fingers crossed for a bonus. My very own 'ang pow' from the boss. How appropriate. He did give hints in the last meeting.

Last Saturday I went to One Utama to check out the festive decorations and coffee accessories outlets. There was a sketch about some dynasty's princesses, a goddess, the emperor and his ministers and a monkey boy. You figure out the rest since I got there halfway and was too concerned about my shots to care about the show's essence. Moral of the story? None.



Fan dance, 'zat what you call it? Fanscinating !


There's the goddess, beside the emperor, his three daughters up front, the wise man with the long beard on his left, six fan ladies and three flag guys. Honestly, I suck at this. The only thing I got was that the emperor was glad he has three wise daughters who presented him with a lantern, a scroll and a something, each. Perhaps someone could link me up to the story.


After the show, the audience got to pose with the cast. The attention was on the native costume really.
Oriental Gandalf, No?
Then as I was roaming around, I heard drum beats. Loud and deep. It's the lion dance troupe! Run to the scene! I've always been facsinated by the sights and sounds, ever since I was a little boy.
I took loads of photos but these were most intriguing. When at the supermarket, do what the lions do. Sniff...sniff...
Copulate...

And hatch a red fruit basket for the premise owner/representative. Sorry guys, I didn't really know what was going on except the so called partner became idle for a long time. Everybody was waiting for some action and the next thing you know, it gave out a fruit basket, containing a large pineapple, Ouch!.. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment