$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Arghhh....

Just finished doing a week's worth of work in a day! All because of our resources decided to pop up suddenly, one day before tender submission date. I mean, all this while I was not expecting to submit the tender. My workmate did mention last week that this would happen but I thought less of it.

"Ahah! We got it. I wonder if it's enough." he said as I entered the office this morning.
"Here, the price and some brochures, I've printed them for you." he said in a rush, like he was going to go somewhere.

"Where are you going?" I asked.
"I'm still on a holiday, so I'm going home" he answered quickening his pace.
"But I can't figure out the price on my own. I've got technical documents to cover." I reminded him, since he's the one figuring out the price and all. He is after all the senior business manager.

"Just mark up **%. Discuss with the boss." He said.
"I may not be able to make it today; the pricing and technical documents. Maybe I'll submit tomorrow" I said, half indicating a threat.
"No, it has to be delivered today so they can open it tomorrow!" He added with a stern voice.
"Oh alright! I'll do whatever I possibly can today" I finally said, barely concealing my frustration.
Then I thought to myself, "Whatever I have! Don't be surprised if you see them coming back with tons of queries!"

I seldom get pissed with him. He's an old timer and my main reference. We're basically friends at work. But today he's being impossible! Why can't he stay a while to figure out the price and let me worry about the technical issues. He practically came into office this morning to tell me that we're going to submit the tender after all. Why can't he just stay home and ignore the mail? It's not like it's a complete and detailed resource. There is even a table of non-compliance which is still being drafted and will be submitted in a week! It's like, hey, we can't comply to most of your specifications but you will only know of it in a week. Fat chance!

But hey, whatever I can possibly dish out!

So, from morning till just now I was running franticly across and around the office, without my workmate's help. Still, the lack of information from our principal made it a bit easier as I gave many ‘information not available at time of submission’ notes. I’m gonna get a handful next week though.

Still, it’s okay! It’s on its way to the tender committee, via courier. Now I can go home and lay dead. Next week, I brace myself, and so will my business manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment