$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Monday, October 31, 2005

Wish granted!

I finally got it. I was granted 5 days plus 3 extra days leave after our official holidays to spend in Kuching and Miri. A total of 8 days of leave (Nov 9, 10, 11… 14, 15, 16, 17, 18). Kind boss he is.

The fact that I am taking a week’s leave (5 days straight) is heavy enough an issue for me to take extra 3 more days to accommodate my confirmed trip. I’ve already bought the flight ticket at cheap fare with Airasia to Kuching. Then I plan to spend another week in Miri. What was left to do was apply for 8 days leave. I only have 5 days left. Three more I hope to get as a favor. The end justifies the means they say. I was supposed to have this discussion on Friday but he was busy running all over the place.

“Ah, I could text him about this on Monday. I will come in on Monday, Oct 31, Wednesday Nov 2nd and Monday Nov 7th, take care of things when no one is in the office and take leave when everybody comes back from their holidays. A replacement of sort.” I thought.

We’re actually closed for business from October 31, 2005 through November 8, 2005. That’s a long break for Deepavali (1st Nov) and Aidilfitri (2 & 3 Nov). So, it is a lot to ask for 8 days leave right after. Replacements sound sensible enough to me. Besides, I’ve done whole Saturdays and Sundays before. A long break for me is not dificult to consider, I hope.

It’s complicated and I’m sorry. But my sisters and family will be in Miri starting from 14th Nov; school holidays. With me there, it’s a family reunion. And I would very much like to spend some days visiting friends in Kuching a week before that.”

And so I text-ed

“Mr. Boss, I need 3 extra days leave apart from remaining 5 days annual leave. So, today, Wednesday and next Monday I am in the office. I need 2 b in Kch and Miri from 9 to 18 nov. Up to 8 days leave. I will be available and online throughout my leave 4 urgent matters n clarification. Hope u’ll consider and grant this favor. Thank you.”

I hesitated before pressing send.
“He has responded to my messages before. He’ll think of something. He’ll call,” and I waited.

After a while Mr. Boss called.

“I got your message,” he began.

He asked about urgent matters at hand, pending issues and unfinished business. After reassuring him that everything has been arranged and I will be in touch during my vacation, he gave me the OK. Such excellent outcome. I wished him a good Aidilfitri Celebration and hung up. My heart raced with joy. My day in the office on Halloween and Deepavali eve just got sweeter. I am thrilled with partial disbelief.

Initially, my worst case scenario was to result in three days of unpaid leaves. A considerable amount of money. But in the end, all is good. My boos is good. There has been times when I thought of leaving but today is certainly not the day. For I am going on a much needed break. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment