$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Lunch up...

“I’m hungry…no breakfast” said a colleague beside me and the rest gave a brief laugh.

Why is that funny? It's just breakfast...

As they continued giggling I realized that it’s the first day of the fasting month for Muslims. In a month, Raya will be upon us again. Celebrations and merrymaking. Food everywhere.

But for now, it’s fasting time for Muslims. No lunch for most. For me, I’ll have to find an outlet for lunch without anyone giving me that incriminating look. Where no restaurateur will ask if I’m a Muslim or if I’m supposed to be fasting like everyone else. Where I won’t be rounded up with the rest of the fasting offenders during an ambush by the Islamic Department Enforcement Squad.

Hmmm. Where could I get lunch today…

No comments:

Post a Comment