$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, July 07, 2006

i River

This morning as I was walking along Kuching's riverbank I thought "I should get to the other side..."

Why did Agus cross the river?
Because he wants to ride on the boat, 'perahu tambang' they call it, literally 'fare boat'. He doesn't get to rock the boat that often.


The fare? 30 cents. But give more, especially if you like the short ride and think they should be earning more. Besides, it's not like you ride it every day.


This is how the locals and tourists alike get about.


From far I could see boys jumping into the river. The water looks like diluted iced milk tea. It should be fine. They're probably getting a quick dip before their afternoon session starts. Boys just wanna chill. I get it. T'is the season you know.

The view of Kuching city is nice from this side. But the kids are making so much noise I couldn't resist grabbing some shots.

It's a bird, it's a plane, no they're little humans. I wonder which one is Clark Kent. Oh well, off they go to save some fish from drowning.


Errr, what do you call that flip? A flop? Boys be, nuff said.


The grown ups do their thing.


The forgotten jetty.


Row, row row your boat, gently down the stream....


Pretty soon it was time to head back to the other side. I have lunch appointment at Kick Ass curry with unker, see. Oh the wave. Swell!



No comments:

Post a Comment