$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Direct selling and insurance

A friend complained about his superior to me the other day.  He said the superior is a racist and he always get disadvantages compared to the other staffs.  They both belong to the same ethnic background but differentiated by the South China Sea.  His peninsular workmates don't seem to face the problems he's slapped with on a daily basis.

"Maybe he just dislikes people from Sarawak" I told him.
"Yeah, bloody racist alright" I added.

"That's why I've decided not to work my ass off anymore.  Even my overtime is no longer paid after I was comfirmed. The worst part is I'm bonded for two years" He explained.

"Two years? Hey, they didn't even pay you anything to employ you in the first place.  And it's not like you were under their scholarship or anything..." I expressed my disbelief.

He then told me he's looking for other source of income. Maybe sell Amway or Insurance.

I told him he could try.

"I'm not made for direct selling or insurance" I said.

I just don't know how to push a product.  It's very difficult to persuade people to switch brands because loyalty runs deep.  Skepticism runs deeper.  And with direct selling, it's not just about the product.  Hell, membership and downline is where the money lies.

I won't even start about insurance. I've got several friends who keep pestering me to buy their plans. I could barely stick to a plan I've subscribed long ago. How much more could I say no to a reject?

"Hehe... that's probably the fun part about it all.." he said.

Okay, give it a go then.

No comments:

Post a Comment