$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Not married and quick about it

I was at Maybank Damansara Utama to renew my car insurance the other day when the agent started a chat with me upon knowing I'm from Miri, Sarawak.

"Me too" she smiled. "How long you've been working in KL?" she continued.

"More than eleven years. I studied here and after graduation, went jobless for several months and worked for 6 years now" I explained. "What about you?"

"July marks my first year here in KL. Previously I worked in Miri. I stay with my sister here.  She's been here for many years, like you" she explained.

We talked about holidays and going back home to Miri and also details of my car insurance policy.

While sorting out my papers she asked "Are you married?"

"No"

"That's a quick response" she noted with a smile.

"Yeah. Only because I'm sure about it.  I mean, I would know if I was married and all"

We both L.O.L.

14 comments:

  1. LOL

    At the rate you make friends, I'd be surprised if you weren't at least dating someone at the very least

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just noticed.

    Was the insurance lady hot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Izso, lol back atcha! the lady is fine; she's probably attached as well. said i could call her anytime I need to renew my insurance next year.

    tell me now, does she expect a man to wait that long after she hands him her calling card?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps, she was a lil' excited that you were so spontaneous to inform her that you are single and available? ;)
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to meet someone from the same kampong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahah ya lor she want to tackle u is it? notti notti.....msians are so brave and open these days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha.. I like how smallkucing thinks.

    Perhaps she's hinting. So call her back already!

    But be a gentleman - ask her out for drink or something first. Then find out whether she's attached or not. Heh.

    Go go go

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your quick "No" response. And it was interesting that she asked you that question :)

    If we're meant to be single, we will; if we're meant to be married, we will too

    - Cheers -

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gus, thanks for following me in my photo blog. I've another personal blog if you're keen:

    http://www.d-newbeginning.blogspot.com

    Keep blogging. Will return :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Psst... no update for July yet? Hope all's well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha.. I'd have that same response as well. What I do not like is when people say "When is your turn?"

    -cyrildason.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahahaha....same with me in the States...Dency are you still single? Straight to the point YES...

    ReplyDelete