$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Monday, April 05, 2010

Angus Beef

My boss treated us steaks at San Francisco Steak House for my birthday lunch last friday.  I was rather touched and a little shy.  Huge meals are usually reserved for staff who are leaving the company. 

Hmm... have I overstayed my welcome? Or maybe it was just the four of us in the company, so lunch money wouldn't add up to much.

Anyway, it was a really a nice and cosy lunch.  We were the only group there, together with another single diner at a corner. 

"How do they make money with this kind of crowd?" my boss wondered.

The food was good though.  The usual fare you'd get at such place, at such price.  Service was okay, with most of the servers coming from Myanmar. 

I had rib eye steak, medium rare, my boss had BBQ Ribs and the other two coleagues had T bone and rib eye, well done.

My boss also ordered a pair of potato skins and half dozen of escargot.  Needless to say, we ate till we felt like bursting.

All the steaks averaged to about fifty bucks each.  There was one real pricey steak on the menu though.  It was angus steak.  Take away the 'n' and you get agus steak.  It's also served with asparagus, take away the 'aspar' and you also get agus.

16 comments:

  1. ohhh i know, they got promotion lunch right? hahahahaa.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me...no more steak...enough that I have here...I want kolok mee & Laksa Sarawak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this place is really goooooood. Your boss has got class. :)
    +Ant+

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes...food is good there..pricey but good

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, you could have been on the menu if not for the typo, eh?

    Belated happy birthday, Agus, and many happy returns..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say, you don't read my blog anymore? I don't see it listed. ;)

    Come to think of it, I don't see the old 'gang' listed. Just wondering..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manglish, yeah, they do. But all of us opted for the normal menu items. I guess we were greedy and our boss wasn't about to lose face. How convenient...

    Dayung , hehe, very stereotypical...

    Ant, yes he does... and I've got luck.

    Smallkuching, with that kind of price, it better be good.

    Happy, hehe, just the kind of wit I'd expect from you. And I still do visit your blog, but haven't got time to list it in the auto update section to the right. Those are automatically listed in my follow list, so they get arranged by latest update. I couldn't find the follow button on your blog, but I'll enter it manually soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giler steak Agus sampai Rm100 over? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Medium rare? How on earth do you chew on the reddish bits? It's not cooked la.

    And that's not as expensive as Wagyu beef steak.

    But I wouldn't know for sure. I don't eat beef.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This place was opened in the 70s by an ex-MAS flight steward. It has been running for so long and is still doing well - very good food and not too expensive. Some people like going there.

    P.S. Wah...I see all my friends in your blogroll! *jeles* LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.P.S.:
    Hey! This isn't the one in Kuching. Salah liao!!! I was talking about San Francisco Grill in Kuching. ...What? RM118??? *pengsan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow! *excuse my french. RM118 for a steak? I thought beef is cheap in Malaysia, doesn't it? But anyway, do try the steaks when you have a chance to travel to western countries. If you know where to go, some are only $10 to $20 per plate.

    I have to say, you must be your boss' favourite huh? :o) like you say, many people only get lunch from the boss when they're leaving and not birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...such a nice treat..i want one also from hub next time. I have not been to San Francisso before..sob**sob**

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy belated (very) besday gus. sorry lambat..hehehehe, bila aku mauk makan nasik minyak tok?

    ReplyDelete