$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Monday, September 10, 2007

Of Sydney and Mawi

I was spending my Sunday night watching TV when a friend sent me a text message.

[Astro Ria, Mawi in Sydney] Dony texted.

I flipped the channel to check out Mawi’s tour with fans in Sydney. He was constantly yapping and the camera was focused on him most of the time. I guess that’s what you get when the star attraction is the visiting celebrity instead of the place he visits.

[So I take it you’re watching Mawi? Can’t stand him so I’ll just wait for your video] I replied.

[It’s my wife. She’s just excited to see familiar places we visited during our trip last week] he explained.

[Hehe… of course. The senses increase with knowledge and familiarity. It’s like suddenly noticing and hearing more about things you recently learned. I know that feeling. The coincidence is delightful] I reciprocate.

[Yup. And since I’ve been there myself, I know that some stuff Mawi is telling viewers are wrong]

[Mawi is never bright anyway]

[Agree, same goes with his fans, hehe…]




Okay, I know that was nasty. But people talk about other people all the time. Why, many of you would say posting this exchange of thoughts is not exactly smart of me either. Can’t please everyone can we.

Like it or not, less than tasty things are always said about us, upfront or from behind. And when you’re a public figure, it becomes relentless. It gets permanently written everywhere, again and again.

And for the three thousand seven hundred and twenty third time, Mawi can’t sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment