$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Sealed...

One week after I was grounded by AirAsia, I flew to Kuching on Wednesday. This time, nothing unfortunate happened on my cheap fare flight. Besides, it was four days ahead of the deadline. I was on my way to my best friend’s wedding reception, scheduled on Saturday, 2nd December 2006. No, it’s nothing like Julia Robert’s.

Many months before the wedding date, after he announced his wedding intentions, I shamelessly told him “I want to be your best man”

And he said “Trust me, you’ll be the first one I’ll ask”

“Great! Just tell me the date in advance so I could get cheap airfare. You know how AirAsia works… tickets are usually cheaper months before flight date”

But things change and plans get reworked.

He e-mailed in March, “…This a top secret project (if you tell anyone I’d have to kill you). We (you know who) is planning the ‘BIG DAY’ maybe early December. One item in the checklist is emcee of the night. Since the guests would be multi-racial, if possible, the emcee must be able to speak Iban+English+Malay (Bidayuh also can). There are professional emcees but they are $$$$$$$. So I thought about you (how nice of me). Do you think you can handle the crowd, throw in a few jokes, do what emcee normally does?? You would be famous, well at least for that night. And if you are lucky you might grab the attention of pretty (or not so pretty) chicks (or aunty). Give it a thought and let me know.”

I replied;

“YES! I DO! Ehehe.

Tell me the date and I’ll kill to make myself available.

It is extremely delightful reading your mail. Not the ordinary forwarded stuff.

I’ll be your emcee alright. I’ll have a good exposure during my brother’s wedding in a longhouse in Bintulu. He’s marrying an Iban girl. Scheduled 3rd June. Time to brush up on my Iban then. And, I’ll be ready to go for your wedding. As for the crowd, I’ll work them like dough. Oh no, does that mean I’m not your best man? Anyway, if I have to choose, emcee is more exciting and involved”

Finally December came and I was excited to attend the wedding, despite being not quite ready with the emcee job. Work and socializing took much of my preparation time. Well, that’s just an excuse. But I was determined nonetheless.

I was also assigned with the video camera for the Church blessing in the Morning and the photography session at the Taman Sahabat park thereafter. Everything went well and as planned. Here are the morning pictures, starting with the make-up session at the bridal studio.


The groom in the background


While the bride was getting made, we took advantage of the various interesting sets and props at the studio.

The groom with the father and brother in law, and a friend.


The bride with the make up artist and the bridal's coordinator







At the altar.




After the church blessing ceremony.


Photo session at church. This went on for well over an hour. Too many cameras and guests, too little time (and patience; well, it's a once in a lifetime occasion after all.).


The married couple with two of the groom's highschool buddies (we're housemates).


The photo session tour at the park late that morning. I swear, everyone got unnecessarily tanned, especially at the forehead.

One of the many oriental themed structures at Taman Sahabat, Kuching.



These couples look cute. Cats and all.



Ok, make enough benches like this and one idiot is bound to get weird ideas. Foolish enough to post it here even. And you know what, I think this marriage is sealed solid, with a kiss!
.
.
Wedding reception pictures and story to follow soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment