$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hello...

I received a text from Francis while going about my routine at work.

I was just about to make a business call then. Upon reading the message, I put down the office phone and started to digest the intention and draft a response

It read (and I hope you don’t mind me disclosing) “You must be having a LIFE as you hardly blog these days! Cheers.”

How delightful! I wrote back “Hello! Great to hear from you. Yeah, I sort of forgot about blogging. Not so much of a happening life, just relatively occupied and not much to blog about. But I’ll post one later today, attributed to your greeting. Cheers!”

It has been a long while since anyone seen an update here. Things keep on happening everyday but none found its way into this sphere. Maybe I’m just lazy. Or maybe they’re not profound enough. Blogging about life was fun and interesting and all but over the months (and years) they start to build a monotonous structure and the big picture that one gets is the routine I go through, no mater how interesting it got started.

After a while you start to think ‘Hey, didn’t the same thing happen last month? Only different time and place?’

Let’s talk about life. Wouldn’t this space be filled with days and days of activities. Stories that tell people the things I do, the places I go to and the people I meet? Yeah, I do stuff, go places and meet loads of wonderful people. I wonder if telling would classify me as a show off…

How would it feel like for someone to read all the nice things another goes through when he or she is not getting any? Boy, that would be depressing indeed.

And what about stories of dissatisfaction and complaints? All the bad luck one gets make it seem like the world hates the blogger. Did I hear someone yell ‘oh stop whining!’ ? True, everyone has problems.

And then there’s self censorship. With all the things happening today, it’s hard to ignore and not speak up - sensitive issues blazing the front pages of local and international media. Two words, ‘Bloggers Beware’. And let’s not even start about self preservation; the need to refrain from overexposure.

Finally, there’s the stale factor. Like I said, many things happened; the good, the bad and the f’ugly. They stirred like el-nino while they lasted but by the time you start typing, everything fizzes down. Nothing beats reporting ‘Live’, but it’s not practical unless you’re paid to do so.

Where is this rant going? Well, I guess it just serves to remind myself that what ever I put down here boils down to responsible behavior. That it’s totally my choice and everything comes with consequences. Always be prepared.

And one more thing, the blogosphere might be virtual but the community is real. Bloggers care when neighbors go missing. I got texts messages, instant messages and e-mail just to say “Hi, how you doin’? ”.

Ain’t life sweet…

No comments:

Post a Comment