$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I had a dream

Something came to me just now. I remember on Tuesday I went back home during lunch break to catch a few hours of nap. Why? A friend came visiting on Monday evening and we ended up getting supper in the wee hours of Tuesday morning.

So there I was sleeping on my bed when I had this bizarre dream, on a Tuesday afternoon. I was in the city, buying coffee or some grocery in a mini mart late afternoon, the weather was dull and shady, unlike normal afternoons when it would be blazing hot. I was standing near the store’s door when I heard a screeching sound, like a jet engine getting louder and louder. It sounded like a jet fighter passing by above the city, very low.

My heart starts racing with excitement as I expect to see a plane in flight very near to earth. I ran outside and quickly looked for the source of the sound. It came from behind, flew right above my head and forward, getting lower and lower, as if trying to land. And to my horror, there was smoke coming out of the tail section. And as I looked on, it got further ahead, even lower now, until in the end, it disappeared out of sight. Less than a second later, a big explosion rocked the city. A bright light can be seen from where I last saw the plane, followed by a yellow and red glow. A deep resonating hum crawled the radius of the crash site and everyone stood stiff, and silent. Moments later chaos broke loose. I thought “Oh no, no, this is not good…” and quickly ran to the scene.

Some how my strides felt heavily impeded (this always happens when I dream of running). Suddenly, I remembered I left my camera behind. No time! Just keep on running to the site. But I could not go any faster. It felt like I’m in slow motion mode. People around me were running as well, to the crash site. The day progressed and it was getting dark.

I came to a place which looked like a deserted highway, apartments on both sides, where I saw people, but they were not the passengers of the plane. They were all men, most are large in size. They were fighting against each other. The longer I watched, the more violent it became. They were killing each other with bear hands! Slamming heads on the pavement and concrete dividers, twisting necks and breaking bones. Everyone looked human but behaved like zombies. I was never scared like that my entire life! What if they spotted me? I’d be dead in seconds! I quickly walked out of view, among those who were too busy fighting to notice me. What is going on? Where are the survivors, if any? Where is the crash site? Wouldn’t there be fire and smoke? Why can’t I see it?

And then I woke up.

I lay on my bed for a while trying to reason with my dream. I dream horrific dreams most of the time when sleeping in the afternoon, even for a short period of time. However, it is usually triggered by a sound I heard, a smell I get while sleeping. But this dream, nothing. Surely a plane flying very low would eventually wake me up before my dream developed in horror. Several minutes afterwards I shook it off, made lunch and hurriedly went out the door to drive to work. That evening I told two friends about the dream and one said, “ You seem to remember your dream very vividly Agus. I seldom have that.”

“I usually remember horrific dreams. Ones I usually have when sleeping in the afternoon. But this one is the most bizarre. Too bizarre to ignore and forget. Hmm..I must keep a record if this one.” I said.

And a record it really is, for now I suspect something. Is it a bizarre coincidence that the plane crash in Iran happened on that very same day, ignoring the time zone? And why couldn’t I find the crash site? Was it because it was not in Malaysia? And why were the people fighting instead of looking for survivors? Why was my dream set in the city and suburb?

What trigered this outrageous dream? I don’t remember watching or reading about the crash on Monday night or Tuesday morning; that would be impossible. We did catch the midnight movie, Aeon Flux though. There was crash scene in the end but the craft was not a plane.

For the record, my dream occured around noon Malaysian time and the crash took place around noon Tehran time, approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes later.
Call it whatever but to me, this is strangely disturbing. I must investigate.
Read about the crash here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment