$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sarawak Night

The invite, courtesy of Dato Michael.


The representatives from Persatuan Warisan Sarawak. Me and Mina Lahang




The teacher and the student. Ex.

It was such joy to bump into Mdm. Doreen at the function. Haven't seen her since I left high school in 1995. She took some time trying to match my face to my name after I introduced myself as her student back in SM Sains Miri.


Teachers get it the hardest don't they. With hundreds of students throughout their career, it's hard to instantly recognize and match the adult faces to the cute little young faces they were used to. Especially when there is much less hair involved.


She went, "Oh, it's hard to recall you with that hair"

I almost said "What hair?", but didn't.

And we went on to the same table, since it was a free seating event.

After we chatted a while she went "Ah, now your face is slowly becoming familiar"

"You have to focus below the hair line, it helps a lot" I told her while my hand blocked my forehead from her view.



The backdrop.



The magician, a guest and a table.


The table floated around the stage! Someone has to tell me how they do that!



The fashion show.



The table flower deco.



The host, Dato Peter Chin, addresing the guests of elite Sarawak business people and more than a dozen cabinet ministers.


The lucky draw. Prizes range from Nike golf equipment, Nokia phones and refrigerators.


Even the host himself, Dato Peter Chin, got a splendid Nike golf carry bag.



And me, I got a putter! Damn! I wished I got one of them Nokia phones!


But Damn I'm lucky! It's by Nike!

And check out the door gift!

Everyone got a pack from CrabTree and Evelyn; a perfume, which smells a lot like Burberry Weekend, three bars of soap and their award winning hand therapy lotion; all are from their Sarawak range.

The cufflinks are from HSBC.





Now all I have to do is pick up the game. Ignite!


And to top the night, a picture with the most gorgeous woman that night, Miss Stephanie Chai! Not our most flattering angle I guess. But it's all good!







No comments:

Post a Comment