$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Six years later

I was driving out of Sunway Pyramid's new wing parking bays when I spotted a rather unusual looking car. It made me stop to get a few shots. The design is radical and strange but somehow it looked familiar. Many angles of it resemble those of many cars.

The front looks like a Suzuki Swift. The body looks like a German War vehicle and the rear drop looks like nothing I've seen before, somewhat chopped. I could see a butchered twin cabin Hilux pickup truck.

'What could have driven a person to modify a vehicle this way?' I asked myself. Whoever he is, he's got balls, chopped balls perhaps.


I went around to get several angles. Nice number...

It's got groovy doors, literally.


There was no other inscription on the car except this beside the tail light. WILLVI.



Hmm, could it be William's Perodua Myvi? Butchered and battered beyond recognition?






Nah, couldn't be. Myvi looks way nicer. It's a Willvi without a will, to die.


Update: And this is the car that reader Terry Justin was reminded of. A VW Kubelwagen. Thanks for the link Terry!

I browsed the internet and found out that it was actually Toyota's 2001 Concept car named Willvi.
Huh?! 2001? And I only know this six years later? No wonder it looked familiar. It's a legit car that rolled out of the assembly line.

And 2001 was the same year I rolled out of college, unemployed and in no mood to be bothered about cars, much less by intriguing but ugly ones.

Did I say ugly? Yeah, but by ugly I mean strange-looking and out of the norm. It's not the way graceful cars are supposed to look, not now, not six years ago. But that's good for some people. Those wanting to be different. To be noticed. And Willvi did just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment