$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, April 13, 2007

It's you

This morning I had a curious dream. Just before I woke up a little late for work, I was at the church entrance in Miri, calling a friend to drive me back to my house to get my wedding suit. Yeah, I was getting married!

Several minutes passed and Terrence arrived. Soon we were at my house in Miri. I rushed to grab all the wedding accessories prepared earlier and to my horror, I left my jacket in KL!

“Can I just wear my business attire without the jacket?” I asked someone over the phone.

“No. You have to be in a suit!” came the reply.

“Oh crap. What am I gonna do! It’s already 11.30 and I gotta be there at noon!” I said as I flipped through my dad’s jacket collection.

“But these are too big, and old school! Oh, what if I wear a traditional Bidayuh vest. But who has one? I only know someone who has an Iban vest. It’s not the same!...Arghh! Dad’ friends maybe, but it’s too late to ask around!” I thought.

A pair of Bidayuh newlyweds, in traditional bidayuh suits.



A pair of Iban newlyweds, in traditional Iban suits.


“Can we postpone the wedding?” I asked my best man.

“Nope. The guests are already there. It’ll be a disaster if we do”, said the best man, whoever he was.

“It already is!” I exclaimed in despair and woke up.

“What the hell was that all about? Me getting married? I’m not even engaged.” I thought.

I crawled out of bed and made a bee line to the shower, puzzled but unconcerned.

In the car the radio DJ kept telling listeners that it is Friday the 13th and how some people have that taboo belief rigged deep in them. The DJs gave examples of every known places where the number 13 is never used; in buildings, airport terminal gates and the aircraft seat number, to name a few. Over the years and many bizarre experiences people become attached to it.

Yeah, more like it got attached to them. They never relate to me, these bad luck numbers.

At work, Michael buzzed me on Yahoo messenger. He told me he’s getting married and I’m invited as a VVIP friend. We go a long way back.

Mike: I want to invite you to my wedding

Agus: Whoa!

Mike: What’s with the whoa?

Agus: You wanna know something bizarre?

Mike: What?

Agus: Oh, the ‘whoa’ was for someone getting married. The bizarre part is just this morning I dreamt that I was late for my own wedding and I have no suit.

Mike: That’s a weird but really funny dream.

Agus: I sort of seen this coming. Only now I know it’s you.

No comments:

Post a Comment