$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Jack be quick

Last Friday I was at a lounge/club in Bangsar with a friend. She loves the place because the DJ plays good music. None of that house or trance stuff. Just music you could move to, some new, some old school and some remix. A little bit of Latin salsa added to taste. Throw in some classic rock tunes and I’d be there all night.

She introduced me to the DJ as he was roaming the space in between songs. After a short conversation he looked at me and asked “Do you want that with ice?”

“Huh? What’s that mean?” Puzzled, I grinned wide.

“Do you want it mixed, and with ice?” he asked again

“Seriously man, I don’t get it.” I told him.

“Don’t move!” he told me.

Ok, I could do that. I gave my friend the most puzzled look I could muster and she said “He said don’t move. He’ll be back.”

Yeah I know what he said. I just don’t know what he meant!

We talked a while. Then came DJ Joe with a glass of drink. He handed it to me and I was given the next puzzle.
“Oh snap! What’s he doing. Does he want to clink glasses and say cheers? Coz I haven’t ordered a drink yet. Or is he giving me a drink? He just met me. He can’t be buying me a drink already? I’d be dead embarrassed if it wasn’t for me. Dang, here goes nothing.” So I took the drink.

Sensing that there was nothing else to do but take a sip I lifted my glass and said cheers.

“Hey, this is good. Coke and whiskey! Excellent!” I noted.

With eyes round and wide he smiled and said “JD!”

Then it hit me. “Owh! Oh! ... Wow! With ICE! Yeah! Thank you!” It was a mix of delight and amusement. I forgot that I was wearing this!


Well I never! This is new. I didn't know wearing the right stuff could get you a free drink!

DJ Joe, what a character! Smooth sippin' indeed. I soon learned that he bought his own bottle; for work and friends.

Splendid! I've found another place where someone knows my name. And that someone is Joe! Jack I've known a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment