$1.99 Domains* at GoDaddy.com

Friday, April 22, 2005

I Hate Flying

I hate getting on a flight at night
My head gives me ideas - they're not right
I dread looking out the window - pitch black
My heart pounds ever so fast - it's under attack

I hate it when the cabin starts to shake
I grab the armrest, seatbelt check, everything check
Alert and still, I sit there very tight
I tell myself everything is going to be alright

I hate it when they turn on the seatbelt sign
I see clouds outside and the weather is not fine
Please make it stop, please give us sunshine
Please let this day be mine

Stories of turbulence and vacuums I have long heard
Only recently that I have my own to be told
Thoughts of a crash is never absurd
A plane, big or small, is not a bird

I hate it when the plane don't always glide
When I fly, I expect a smooth ride
Smooth as silk, as said in travel guides
But when you fly, it actually bites

No comments:

Post a Comment